In this short video, Michael Beale talks through an NLP technique of dissolving bad memories.
Simple NLP Technique To Dissolve Bad Memories
- Find a place where you can relax and not be disturbed.
- Think about a bad experience, something that your mind keeps returning to and which is not a useful memory for you.
- Concentrate on the visual and auditory aspects of that memory. What can you see? What can you hear?
- Focus on the things you can see in the memory: What colours do you see? How close are the things to you?
- Try pushing them further away in your mind. Push them all the way to the horizon.
- Make the colours pale and muted.
- What is the good learning you gained from that bad memory?
- Keep that learning, but just blow the bad memory away over the horizon.
Alternatively – do the same process with the sounds of the memory. Make them quieter, more muffled, and further away. Keep hold of the useful lessons, and then bring in a huge thunderstorm, which drowns out the sounds of the bad memory.
If the memory returns in the future, you can use one or both of these techniques to send it away again.
Alternatively instead of dissolving, you can try exploding bad memories.
Sign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates Book a 45 Minute Skype Session in Michael’s Online Diary The NLP and Coaching Seminar | Read more
Full NLP Techniques List
Key NLP Techniques Section Index
1: NLP Techniques
3: Amplify feelings
4: Bad memories (Dissolving) (This page)
5: Bad memories (Exploding)
6: Beliefs and belief change
7: Perceptual positions
8: Fast phobia cure
9: Hypnosis and meditation
11: Metaprogrammes, Profiles and Preferences
13. Progressive dissociation
14: Self Compassion
15: Senses and Sub-modalities
16. Six step re-framing
20: Time and timeline
21. Visual Squash
22: Values and value rules