The Fast Phobia Cure
In this video, Michael introduces the NLP Fast Phobia Cure.
The fast phobia cure is an NLP technique that is designed to easily remove phobias.
How to cure phobias with NLP.
Access the phobia in a safe environment.
- Ask your client to design an imaginary movie cinema in their mind. Let them use their creativity to the full.
- Ask them to walk into the cinema and sit in the front row in the most luxurious and comfortable seats. Let them fully relax in those seats.
- When ready let them imagine that they leave their bodies relaxed on the seat they’ve chosen and float up to the gallery and sit in some equally comfortable seats in the corner of the gallery. Now they can see both themselves in the front row watching the screen, and the screen itself.
- As they’re watching both themselves and the screen, add the first coloured slide of a movie of their phobia and then run the movie in colour. Freeze the very last slide of the movie and change it to a dull grey, so they only just see the content on the slide.
Help them to replay the phobia along with happy emotions.
- Ask them to remember a song or piece of music that makes them feel good, then ask them to float into the dull grey slide and re-associate with the end of the movie, when they’ve already fully recovered from their phobia.
- When they are ready, ask them to play the movie backwards at twice normal speed (or faster if they like), being fully associated and listening to the music they really enjoy. When they get to the beginning of the movie freeze the first frame, still in grey.
- Ask them to repeat this part of the technique as often as they like, going faster each time.
Disassociate from the phobia.
- Tell them to float out of the picture and join themselves in the front row of the cinema, noticing the comfort of the seat and then whiting out the whole screen.
- Ask if they’re ready to watch the film of the phobia in colour from start to finish while being aware of the comfort of their seat. If they’re ready let them do it. If not, or if they have any trace of discomfort, repeat the previous steps.
- Give them permission to relive their phobia with the surprise and delight of noticing their response has totally changed. Ask them what they’ve learned from the experience.
(If necessary, simply repeat the previous steps).
With greatest thanks to Richard Bandler who created the original fast phobia technique. www.richardbandler.com
The next section addresses progressive dissociation.
KEY NLP Techniques Section Index
NLP Techniques 1: Introduction
NLP Techniques 2: Beliefs
NLP Techniques 3: Values
NLP Techniques 4: Perceptual positions
NLP Techniques 5: Senses ans Sub-modalities
NLP Techniques 6: Strategies
NLP Techniques 7: Profiles
NLP techniques 8: Time and timeline
NLP Techniques 9: Hypnosis and meditation
NLP Techniques 10: Storytelling
NLP Techniques 11: Modelling
NLP Techniques 12: Fast phobia cure
NLP Techniques 13. Progressive dissociation
NLP Techniques 14. Six step re-framing
NLP Techniques 15. Swish
NLP Techniques 16. Visual Squash
NLP Techniques 17. Summary