The Fast Phobia Cure
In this video, Michael introduces the NLP Fast Phobia Cure.
The fast phobia cure is an NLP technique that is designed to easily remove phobias.
How to cure phobias with NLP.
Access the phobia in a safe environment.
- Ask your client to design an imaginary movie cinema in their mind. Let them use their creativity to the full.
- Ask them to walk into the cinema and sit in the front row in the most luxurious and comfortable seats. Let them fully relax in those seats.
- When ready let them imagine that they leave their bodies relaxed on the seat they’ve chosen and float up to the gallery and sit in some equally comfortable seats in the corner of the gallery. Now they can see both themselves in the front row watching the screen, and the screen itself.
- As they’re watching both themselves and the screen, add the first coloured slide of a movie of their phobia and then run the movie in colour. Freeze the very last slide of the movie and change it to a dull grey, so they only just see the content on the slide.
Help them to replay the phobia along with happy emotions.
- Ask them to remember a song or piece of music that makes them feel good, then ask them to float into the dull grey slide and re-associate with the end of the movie, when they’ve already fully recovered from their phobia.
- When they are ready, ask them to play the movie backwards at twice normal speed (or faster if they like), being fully associated and listening to the music they really enjoy. When they get to the beginning of the movie freeze the first frame, still in grey.
- Ask them to repeat this part of the technique as often as they like, going faster each time.
Disassociate from the phobia.
- Tell them to float out of the picture and join themselves in the front row of the cinema, noticing the comfort of the seat and then whiting out the whole screen.
- Ask if they’re ready to watch the film of the phobia in colour from start to finish while being aware of the comfort of their seat. If they’re ready let them do it. If not, or if they have any trace of discomfort, repeat the previous steps.
- Give them permission to relive their phobia with the surprise and delight of noticing their response has totally changed. Ask them what they’ve learned from the experience.
(If necessary, simply repeat the previous steps).
With greatest thanks to Richard Bandler who created the original fast phobia technique. www.richardbandler.com
The next section addresses we explore hypnosis and meditation.
Sign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates Book a 45 Minute Skype Session in Michael’s Online Diary The NLP and Coaching Seminar | Read more
Full NLP Techniques List
Key NLP Techniques Section Index
3: Amplify feelings
4: Bad memories (Dissolving)
5: Bad memories (Exploding)
6: Beliefs and belief change
7: Perceptual positions
8: Fast phobia cure (This page)
9: Hypnosis and meditation
11: Metaprogrammes, Profiles and Preferences
13. Progressive dissociation
14: Self Compassion
15: Senses and Sub-modalities
16. Six step re-framing
20: Time and timeline
21. Visual Squash
22: Values and value rules