Being able to associate and dissociate is a skill. This video introduces its importance in NLP.
This progressive dissociation technique will enable most of your clients to dissociate from pain, in this example, from a headache.
Progressive dissociation using a headache as an example.
- Ask your client where the discomfort or pain is.
- Ask them to hold your wrist, then ask a sequence of questions:
- What does your [client’s] head feel about the pain in your [client’s] head?
- What does your neck feel about the pain in your head?
- What does your shoulder feel about your head?
- What does your elbow feel about your head?
- What does your hand feel about your head?
- What do your fingers feel about your head?
- What do my fingers feel about your head?
- What does my hand feel about your head?
- What does my elbow feel about your head?
- What does my shoulder feel about your head?
- What does my head feel about the your head?
And then reverse through every step, all the way back to the client’s head, the last question being:
- And how does your head now feel about your head?
Many clients find, to their surprise, that their head will be pain free. Give it a try!
The next NLP technique we will look at is 6 step reframing.
KEY NLP Techniques Section Index
NLP Techniques 1: Introduction
NLP Techniques 2: Beliefs
NLP Techniques 3: Values
NLP Techniques 4: Perceptual positions
NLP Techniques 5: Senses ans Sub-modalities
NLP Techniques 6: Strategies
NLP Techniques 7: Profiles
NLP techniques 8: Time and timeline
NLP Techniques 9: Hypnosis and meditation
NLP Techniques 10: Storytelling
NLP Techniques 11: Modelling
NLP Techniques 12: Fast phobia cure
NLP Techniques 13. Progressive dissociation
NLP Techniques 14. Six step re-framing
NLP Techniques 15. Swish
NLP Techniques 16. Visual Squash
NLP Techniques 17. Summary