End Goal Review Questions
In this video, Michael explains the power of these review questions.
Our Success Quiz from earlier focused on numeric values. The following set of review questions explore the senses associated with your goals when you first set them up. They should be revisited on a monthly/quarterly basis as a more detailed review of your progress.
15 powerful questions to get you moving forward
I ask my NLP students to present back their answers to these questions as part of the certification presentation :
- What will you see, hear and feel (and maybe touch and smell) when you’ve reached your goal?
- What will reaching it do for you and those closest to you?
- What are some milestones (and possibly even challenges to overcome) in the process of achieving it?
- What might be the very first, easy step in moving towards your direction/end goal?
- What are some resources that you already have (think states, beliefs, experience and skills and people) that will help you?
- What additional resources do you have at your disposal that will make the journey easier, more fun and more rewarding? (think states, beliefs, experience and skills and people).
- What might be the one of two key areas to focus on now to build momentum? What key skills would help you move forward more easily.
- What could you stop doing in order to make this journey more successful and fulfilling?
- What are the few key weekly or daily actions to keep you moving forward?
- What are the few key weekly or daily actions to keep you mentally, physically (and spiritually) healthy and ensure you can easily deal with any setbacks?
- What are you going to do to keep track of your progress?
- What are you going to start doing / do more of?
- What are you going to protect (or ensure, maintain)?
- What are you going to accept? (You may not like it, but you have to do it.)
- What are you going to stop doing?
(Questions 12-15 are highlighted because they are very effective.)
Those questions were about attitude, but these key outcomes questions are about taking the motivational images you have built up and funnelling them into real-world practicality, and establishing priorities.
With your end goals in mind :
- What are three main outcomes you want to achieve for the next 12 months?
- What are the three main outcomes you want to achieve in the next month?
- What are the three main outcomes you want to achieve in the next week?
- What are the three main outcomes you want to achieve today?
When we’ve answered these questions we’re ready to include them in our daily questions, which we’re coming to next . . .
Sign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates Book a 45 Minute Skype Session in Michael’s Online Diary
Full NLP Techniques List
NLP Plan Section Index