In this short video, Michael Beale explains one of two NLP techniques to get rid of bad memoriws. One of these is to dissolve them, this page takes you through how to explode them. Whichever technique you prefer, both are very effective.
Simple NLP Technique To Explode Bad Memories
- Find somewhere you can relax and where you will not be disturbed.
- Think of a memory that is not useful to you, and to which your mind keeps returning.
- Use submodalities (what you see, what you hear, what you smell, what you taste, what you feel) to intensify that bad memory. Make colours brighter, sounds louder, and so on.
- Think about what the bad experience taught you, and hold on to that learning.
- Incrase the intensity of the bad memory even more – make it bigger, bolder, more vivid until . . .
- . . . BANG! It explodes, and nothing is left except the useful lesson.
You can repeat this technique at any time.
In the next section we explore beliefs and belief change.
Sign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates Book a 45 Minute Skype Session in Michael’s Online Diary The NLP and Coaching Seminar | Read more
Full NLP Techniques List
Key NLP Techniques Section Index
3: Amplify feelings
4: Bad memories (Dissolving)
5: Bad memories (Exploding) (This page)
6: Beliefs and belief change
7: Perceptual positions
8: Fast phobia cure
9: Hypnosis and meditation
11: Metaprogrammes, Profiles and Preferences
13. Progressive dissociation
14: Self Compassion
15: Senses and Sub-modalities
16. Six step re-framing
20: Time and timeline
21. Visual Squash
22: Values and value rules