The Rules of Management
In this video, Michael introduces his rules for managers.
If leadership is about vision, management is about planning how to achieve that vision – It’s about doing what needs to be done effectively, efficiently and with a degree of certainty. NLP gives you the skills to communicate and feedback effectively, so enabling your team to move forward.
My Six Rules of Management
- Think SMART – setting goals that are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timebound) is essential to be a good manager.
- Create agreed results as effectively and efficiently as possible. This has to be done within (and possibly beating) any agreed-upon budget.
- Continually improve what you’ve got. That means doing it faster, cheaper and, where relevant, to a higher quality.
- Increase certainty and reduce risk. Managers plan how to achieve the leader’s vision, making sure team members understand their roles.
- Remember the power of 3. The 3 key outcomes to achieve in a year, in a month, in a week and in a day.
- Team members need clarity. Again, quoting Patrick Lencioni in his book: The Advantage, each team member needs to be able to answer :
- why are we here?
- how do we behave?
- what do we do?
- how will we succeed?
- what is most important right, now?
- who does what?
In the next section we explore The Rules of Action.
NLP Leadership Section Index
NLP Leadership 1: Leadership, management, action and review
NLP Leadership 2: Rules of Leadership
NLP Leadership 3: Management
NLP Leadership 4: Action
NLP Leadership 5: Review
NLP Leadership 6: Summary