In this short video, Michael Beale talks through an NLP technique of dissolving bad memories.
Simple NLP Technique To Dissolve Bad Memories
- Find a place where you can relax and not be disturbed.
- Think about a bad experience, something that your mind keeps returning to and which is not a useful memory for you.
- Concentrate on the visual and auditory aspects of that memory. What can you see? What can you hear?
- Focus on the things you can see in the memory: What colours do you see? How close are the things to you?
- Try pushing them further away in your mind. Push them all the way to the horizon.
- Make the colours pale and muted.
- What is the good learning you gained from that bad memory?
- Keep that learning, but just blow the bad memory away over the horizon.
Alternatively – do the same process with the sounds of the memory. Make them quieter, more muffled, and further away. Keep hold of the useful lessons, and then bring in a huge thunderstorm, which drowns out the sounds of the bad memory.
If the memory returns in the future, you can use one or both of these techniques to send it away again.
Alternatively instead of dissolving, you can try exploding bad memories.NLP Training Online | Read more Sign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates
Full NLP Techniques List
Key NLP Techniques Section Index
1: NLP Techniques
3: Amplify feelings
4: Bad memories (Dissolving)
5: Bad memories (Exploding)
6: Belief change
7: NLP Coaching
8: Perceptual positions
9: Fast phobia cure
10: Hypnosis and meditation and separately Free Hypnosis MP3s
12: Mental Rehearsal
13: Metaprogrammes, Profiles and Preferences
15: Progressive dissociation
17: Self Compassion
19. Six step re-framing
21: States and anchors
24: Timeline therapy
25: Visual Squash