In this video, Michael explains the Success Quiz
Do this quiz at the start of your NLP adventure, and then quarterly thereafter.
I use this quiz to prime my clients’ thinking processes and to start them imagining what they really want.
You don’t need to share your individual situation, all I want is a number representing how confident you feel about each area.
Score yourself between 0 (low) and 10 (high) for the following:
- How strong is your sense of purpose in life?
- Do you have a very simple plan to move towards achieving it? Do you defined some ‘focus areas, ‘hotspots’ and ‘milestones’.
- Do you appreciate what you have now, regardless of where you are?
- Do you have a simple and short way of reviewing and reflecting on how you’ve done every day?
- Do you continually seek ideas of how you can improve what you’re doing each day?
- Are you able (at least some of the time) to speak your mind without hesitation, make your own decisions and take action on them?
- Do you create a series of routines that gives you a sense of certainty, however uncertain your outside world is?
- How well do you connect with yourself and those people important to you?
- How happy are you with the time you invest in yourself?
- How well do you build health and resilience? For example: doing sport, meditation, art, hobbies etc.
How does the word ‘purpose’ make you feel?
The initial reaction people have to the first question regarding purpose is often: “Oh ****!” Purpose can be a problematic word, with various connotations. However it’s up to you to define it for yourself. In my experience, clients that find meaning in the term do significantly better than those that don’t.
The number you give is not important. Many clients have scored themselves ‘0’ on some questions but still move forward. Being honest and open with yourself is what’s important. At this stage, the thinking behind your score isn’t important to me.
Using this quiz as a screening tool
I also use this quiz to select (or deselect) clients. If they engage with the questions and are obviously interested in moving forward they’re likely to be engaged with the training and coaching.
However, if they’re disinterested and don’t engage, then another approach might work better, and in these cases, I suggest that they find another coach.
Score yourself between 0 (low) and 10 (high) for the following: How clear are you about the following and the impact they have:
There are two important aspect to this:
- Alignment between the levels
- Working on the one that will have the most impact (which may or may not be the one you initially think!)
- Your purpose (external – part of something bigger) Your ambition (internal) – For who?
- Your beliefs and values (your world map, the hierarchy of what’s important to you).- Why?
- Your capabilities (your skills and strategies), – How?
- Your behaviour and the acton you take, – What?
- Your environment, – Where and when?
The next section coversSign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates Book a 45 Minute Skype Session in Michael’s Online Diary
Full NLP Techniques List
NLP Plan Section Index
1: Why plan?
2: Self sabotage
3: Plans A, B & Z
4: Success Quiz
5: Time, energy and focus
6: End goals, milestones and focus
8: Planning and review questions
9: Daily questions