Is Authentic NLP Training Worth It?
Yes – if you’re curious about exploring communication and influence, and genuinely want to improve your life, and if you are prepared to put in the work to do so. NLP is particularly effective if you want to move forward to the next stage of your life journey.
Because NLP improves your communication and influence, it’s a great amplifier for any leadership, management, sales, and relationship skills you already have.
No – if you’re certain you already know enough about communication and influence and if you are happy with life as it is, and you don’t want to invest your time and energy in exploring more about these topics.
NLP training is often the catalyst that helps people reconnect to their purpose, improve their relationships, get promoted, and/or start and grow businesses. If this interests you and you’re prepared to put the time, energy and emotional work into exploring NLP , then you’ll benefit significantly.
If you don’t need to progress in these areas, or if you are confident that you know enough about these topics, then you’ll probably find it uncomfortable and won’t get any benefit from it.
I held back from my own NLP training because I had heard bad things about it (which turned out to be totally untrue.) I very much regret that I didn’t start exploring it earlier.
If you’re not sure yet, speak to someone who’s benefited from it (and if you want, someone who hasn’t) and look for real evidence. I’m very happy to talk to anyone genuinely interested in NLP training.
How To Make NLP Training Worth It?
If you’re not yet sure if NLP training is worth it for you, there are a number of actions you can take that will significantly improve the value that you’ll get from any NLP training, and these are applicable to many areas of our lives.
- Think through what would make the training really useful to you. I help my clients do this as part of our free discovery phase.
- Make a commitment to yourself to get the best value for you, the people close to you and whoever you work with. For some reason making a genuine commitment makes a big difference.
- Commit to joining and working through the programme with a touch of ambition, courage, discipline and honesty. I don’t know of anyone who has come on our programmes possessing these attributes, and not received significantly more value then expected. All these qualities amplify what you get out of the programme.
- Be prepared to invest at least some of your time and emotional effort into the programme.
- Start putting small chunks into real life practice as soon as possible. Don’t wait. Sometimes small is better. Powerful direction, small steps.
- Choose the right trainer for you. Take the time to talk to a variety of trainers – just as you would if you were buying any other high value item. It’s part of the learning process. There is a lot of NLP training out there, so for guaranteed quality, we recommend that you look for trainers who offer certificates signed by either of the NLP co-founders, Richard Bandler or John Grinder.
- Remember that success is about you, those close to you, and the environment you work in.
- Come with an attitude both to learn and t have fun.
Click image below to play video
Is NLP Training Worth It?
Training Related Links