In this short video, Michael Beale explains one of two NLP techniques to get rid of bad memories. One of these is to dissolve them, this page takes you through how to explode them. Whichever technique you prefer, both are very effective.
Simple NLP Technique To Explode Bad Memories
- Find somewhere you can relax and where you will not be disturbed.
- Think of a memory that is not useful to you, and to which your mind keeps returning.
- Use submodalities (what you see, what you hear, what you smell, what you taste, what you feel) to intensify that bad memory. Make colours brighter, sounds louder, and so on.
- Think about what the bad experience taught you, and hold on to that learning.
- Incrase the intensity of the bad memory even more – make it bigger, bolder, more vivid until . . .
- . . . BANG! It explodes, and nothing is left except the useful lesson.
You can repeat this technique at any time.
In the next section we explore beliefs and belief change.NLP Training Online | Read more Sign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates
Full NLP Techniques List
Key NLP Techniques Section Index
1: NLP Techniques
3: Amplify feelings
4: Bad memories (Dissolving)
5: Bad memories (Exploding)
6: Belief change
7: NLP Coaching
8: Perceptual positions
9: Fast phobia cure
10: Hypnosis and meditation and separately Free Hypnosis MP3s
12: Mental Rehearsal
13: Metaprogrammes, Profiles and Preferences
15: Progressive dissociation
17: Self Compassion
19. Six step re-framing
21: States and anchors
24: Timeline therapy
25: Visual Squash