Social Media. The importance of old and new media in sales
Let’s look at what social media is and how it can help the selling process:
- A database of possible contacts
- Information about possible contacts so we know more about them
- A means of contacting possible prospects
- A means of keeping up to date with existing contacts
- A means of publicising and sharing articles/opinions to attract followers in our target market
- Research trends and best practice
In addition, when selling business services to business customers it can be effective to extract potential customers details from social media to a CRM system to email corporate prospects at work (complying with current opt out legislation).
Social media isn’t a instant solution, but it does seriously compliment traditional communications channels like phone, email and post.
Lets look at the current most popular social media platforms.
(To be continued),
In the final sub-section we look at how NLP can help our selling
NLP Sales Section Index
Recommended Sales Books
- NLP Sales Introduction
- Customers’ buying cycle
- Questions to identify your initial problem and value statements
- Getting appointments (framework script)
- Handling classic and specific objections when getting appointments
- Handling other objections when getting appointments
- Advancing the sale
- Value, proposals and negotiation
- Implementation, case studies, referrals and testimonials
- New Media
- NLP approaches that make the difference.