Being able to associate and dissociate is a skill. This video introduces its importance in NLP.
This progressive dissociation technique will enable most of your clients to dissociate from pain, in this example, from a headache.
Progressive dissociation using a headache as an example.
- Ask your client where the discomfort or pain is.
- Ask them to hold your wrist, then ask a sequence of questions:
- What does your [client’s] head feel about the pain in your [client’s] head?
- What does your neck feel about the pain in your head?
- What does your shoulder feel about your head?
- What does your elbow feel about your head?
- What does your hand feel about your head?
- What do your fingers feel about your head?
- What do my fingers feel about your head?
- What does my hand feel about your head?
- What does my elbow feel about your head?
- What does my shoulder feel about your head?
- What does my head feel about the your head?
And then reverse through every step, all the way back to the client’s head, the last question being:
- And how does your head now feel about your head?
Many clients find, to their surprise, that their head will be pain free. Give it a try!
The next NLP technique we will look at is Self compassion.Register for Our Occasional Email Updates Book a 45 Minute Skype Session in Michael’s Online Diary The NLP and Coaching Seminar | Read more
Full NLP Techniques List
Key NLP Techniques Section Index
1: NLP Techniques
3: Amplify feelings
4: Bad memories (Dissolving)
5: Bad memories (Exploding)
6: Beliefs and belief change
7: Perceptual positions
8: Fast phobia cure
9: Hypnosis and meditation
11: Metaprogrammes, Profiles and Preferences
13. Progressive dissociation (This page)
14: Self Compassion
15: Senses and Sub-modalities
16. Six step re-framing
20: Time and timeline
21. Visual Squash
22: Values and value rules