Being able to associate and dissociate is a skill. This video introduces its importance in NLP.
This progressive dissociation technique will enable most of your clients to dissociate from pain, in this example, from a headache.
Progressive dissociation using a headache as an example.
- Ask your client where the discomfort or pain is.
- Ask them to hold your wrist, then ask a sequence of questions:
- What does your [client’s] head feel about the pain in your [client’s] head?
- What does your neck feel about the pain in your head?
- What does your shoulder feel about your head?
- What does your elbow feel about your head?
- What does your hand feel about your head?
- What do your fingers feel about your head?
- What do my fingers feel about your head?
- What does my hand feel about your head?
- What does my elbow feel about your head?
- What does my shoulder feel about your head?
- What does my head feel about the your head?
And then reverse through every step, all the way back to the client’s head, the last question being:
- And how does your head now feel about your head?
Many clients find, to their surprise, that their head will be pain free. Give it a try!
The next NLP technique we will look at is Self compassion.NLP Training Online | Read more Sign Up For Our Occasional Email Updates
Full NLP Techniques List
Key NLP Techniques Section Index
1: NLP Techniques
3: Amplify feelings
4: Bad memories (Dissolving)
5: Bad memories (Exploding)
6: Belief change
7: NLP Coaching
8: Perceptual positions
9: Fast phobia cure
10: Hypnosis and meditation and separately Free Hypnosis MP3s
12: Mental Rehearsal
13: Metaprogrammes, Profiles and Preferences
15: Progressive dissociation
17: Self Compassion
19. Six step re-framing
21: States and anchors
24: Timeline therapy
25: Visual Squash